AB-Tools.com

Forum Forum

Replies on the topic "Run minimized to tray"

Show product page of program "Check Host"

Table of contents:
Run minimized to tray, VictorC, 2011-03-23 18:55:08
Re: Run minimized to tray, Andreas Breitschopp (Webmaster), 2011-03-23 19:14:22
Re: Re: Run minimized to tray, VictorC, 2011-03-24 19:10:30
Re: Re: Re: Run minimized to tray, Andreas Breitschopp (Webmaster), 2011-03-24 20:19:48

Run minimized to tray
VictorC, 2011-03-23 18:55:08
Is it possible to run program minimized in tray?
VicC
ReplyGoto top

Re: Run minimized to tray
Andreas Breitschopp (Webmaster), 2011-03-23 19:14:22
Hello Victor,

yes, that's no problem.

If you choose to start the program on Windows start while installing (if you want to do that after installing, just download and install it over the old version again - all data will remain as it is).

But you can also just right-click on the shortcut in the menu, choose properties and change the execution to "Minimized". This is always possible for any application.

Best regards
Andreas
ReplyGoto top

Re: Re: Run minimized to tray
VictorC, 2011-03-24 19:10:30
Hello Andreas,
thanks for reply, well problem is, i moved startup shortcut created during installation to registry startup location and there is not possible to set to start it minimized, some command line switch like -minimized would be nice in future revision ;]
Thanks a lot for great prog anyway!
BR VicC
ReplyGoto top

Re: Re: Re: Run minimized to tray
Andreas Breitschopp (Webmaster), 2011-03-24 20:19:48
Hello Victor,

you don't have to call the program executable directly in the registry, but you can also call the shortcut file.

So just create a shortcut for Check Host e. g. in the Check Host program folder itself. Change the setting of this shortcut to run minimized and then use this shortcut file (normally ".lnk") as target in the registry startup section.

Now the program should start minimized on the next Windows startup.

I have to say that I never needed that before, but I won't see a reason why this should not work. Didn't that worked for you?

Best regards
Andreas
ReplyGoto top

Back to the threads

© Copyright 1999-2024 AB-Tools GmbH · AB-SoftCon.net

Deutsch English Español Français Polski