AB-Tools.com

Forum Forum

Replies on the topic "A couple of feature requests"

Show product page of program "Check Host"

Table of contents:
A couple of feature requests, Tommy, 2011-03-31 00:08:40
Re: A couple of feature requests, Andreas Breitschopp (Webmaster), 2011-11-14 12:21:54
Re: A couple of feature requests, Andreas Breitschopp (Webmaster), 2011-03-31 10:03:24
Re: Re: A couple of feature requests, Tommy, 2011-04-01 04:11:54

A couple of feature requests
Tommy, 2011-03-31 00:08:40
Firstly, love this tool. It can be such a life saver in my large corporate network having the heads up on services being unavailable.

There are a couple of things I have thought of to help make this software even better;
- Make the database export/import in plain tab-delimitted text so that it is easier to add/remove multiple fields etc.
- Allow an error margin, i.e. 3 fails before an email/notification is sent.
- Batch editing of notification settings (delays etc.)
- Ability to view the extra columns such as delay and email settings in the main list.

I imagine there would be others with similar wants, and it would be much appreciated if these features could be implemented.

Cheers, Tommy
ReplyGoto top

Re: A couple of feature requests
Andreas Breitschopp (Webmaster), 2011-11-14 12:21:54
Hello Tommy,

most of your feature requests are implemented now in the new version Check Host Pro with many new features.

You can find a list of new functions of Check Host Pro here:
http://www.ab-tools.com/en/software/checkhost/moreinfo/

Of course, the old Check Host will stay freeware. But please understand that due to the extensive development effort for the extended version Check Host Pro, we cannot make this new version free of charge. Anyway, it is available at a very affordable price of only 29,95 �.

I would be glad if you would give Check Host Pro a try. Here you can find the download link to the free test version:
http://www.ab-tools.com/en/software/checkhostpro/
(An Import of existent checks of Check Host is possible, of course.)

Please don't hesitate to contact me in case of questions or suggestions.

Best regards
Andreas
ReplyGoto top

Re: A couple of feature requests
Andreas Breitschopp (Webmaster), 2011-03-31 10:03:24
Hello Tommy,

thank you very much for your message.

Indeed I get quite many mails regarding suggestions for Check Host.

I've also started to implement some of these new features, but it is just a lack of time preventing me from release a new extended version.

Anyway, all suggestions are highly appreciated and I'll try to consider all of them for a future version.

Best regards
Andreas
ReplyGoto top

Re: Re: A couple of feature requests
Tommy, 2011-04-01 04:11:54
Andreas,

I understand time is always an issue, and especially with software such as this that is freely available it is hard to dedicate time to such projects.

Thank you for taking the suggestions under consideration.

For reference, if you are producing alpha/beta/RC versions with any new features in them I would be happy to be in a/the testing group.

Tommy
ReplyGoto top

Back to the threads

© Copyright 1999-2024 AB-Tools GmbH · AB-SoftCon.net

Deutsch English Español Français Polski