AB-Tools.com

Forum Forum

Replies on the topic "Using too much CPU Checkhost Pro"

Show product page of program "Check Host Pro"

Table of contents:
Using too much CPU Checkhost Pro, Mark Showacre, 2012-04-30 20:45:52
Re: Using too much CPU Checkhost Pro, Andreas Breitschopp (Webmaster), 2012-05-01 00:09:50
Re: Re: Using too much CPU Checkhost Pro, Peter Bate, 2012-08-28 00:55:19
Re: Re: Re: Using too much CPU Checkhost Pro, Andreas Breitschopp (Webmaster), 2012-08-28 09:35:50

Using too much CPU Checkhost Pro
Mark Showacre, 2012-04-30 20:45:52
Tested on multiple windows XP Pro SP3 systems.
I install CheckHost Pro V1.1.5.
It is using too much cpu cycles....
Import CheckHost list for checking 55 hosts.
Unacceptible cpu usage
CheckHostPro.exe +/- 20%
CheckHostService.exe +/- 20%

The old CheckHost.exe never used that much CPU preformance for checking the sames 55 hosts.
I can not use CheckHost Pro if this in not corrected
Very unhappy...
Customer Number 101374
Orion Safety Products
USA
ReplyGoto top

Re: Using too much CPU Checkhost Pro
Andreas Breitschopp (Webmaster), 2012-05-01 00:09:50
Hello Mark,

first thanks for your post!

CPU usage does not mainly depend on the number of hosts themselves, but on the number of checks that need to be executed. So if you have a high number of hosts you could think about increasing the check interval (checking less often) if that is an option for you.

Additionally keep in mind that the GUI program of Check Host Pro does not need to run all the time as all checks are performed by the Check Host Pro Service in background anyway. It is only used as user interface and to deliver the desktop notifications. But if you want keep the GUI running anyway, you could at least reduce the display update interval in the program options. This would also reduce the CPU usage of the GUI application.

Best regards
Andreas
ReplyGoto top

Re: Re: Using too much CPU Checkhost Pro
Peter Bate, 2012-08-28 00:55:19
Hi guys, great program and I really like the additional features that the pro version gives you. I too find that the CPU utilisation is quite high on my computer (100 checks) that check anywhere from 10 seconds to several days.

The free version copes really well with this load and I am happy to beta test for you if you want to look at where the difference in performance is between the pro and free version. I really like the idea of pausing certain checks and would buy this app solely for this feature if the performance was handled the same way as the free version.

Thanks again fro such a great product.

Peter
ReplyGoto top

Re: Re: Re: Using too much CPU Checkhost Pro
Andreas Breitschopp (Webmaster), 2012-08-28 09:35:50
Hello Peter,

there is only a little performance drop for the Pro version when both processes are running:
the Check Host Windows service that really does the checking and the Check Host client application that visualize the checks.

But there is normally no need to keep both processes running. It's enough if only the Windows service runs all the time. Then CPU usage should be similar to the free version.

Best regards
Andreas
ReplyGoto top

Back to the threads

© Copyright 1999-2024 AB-Tools GmbH · AB-SoftCon.net

Deutsch English Español Français Polski